Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Let there be Light



rain all day robbed me of some good light and inspiration to shoot my old batch of wedding stationery. what a bummer! and worst, it was so tempting to sleep instead. i don't know when my website will be up with the updates but i know i better get the new batch of invitations and favours up before my 2nd 'industrial attachment' begins.

anyhow, i was looking at my bedroom wall/wallpaper. it's been up there for 10 yrs and even though its sides are terribly peeling, i am super reluctant to take it off. many designs do not look better as they age but this one does! it's laura ashley's summer palace wallpaper. they don't have the exact colours my room is covered in but other combis like white+blue (below) or a similar duck egg blue based one like mine but with details in pink, yellow and green.



while it's still not literally falling off the walls, i shall remain happy! but i still have to think of a post-summer palace plan. my mom said i have 3 excess rolls. i was thinking of using those to cover up whichever side of the room (in memory of the old wall) while i paint the rest of the walls. but i'd have to re-structure the current layout to suit that plan. once i graduate, i'm thinking of getting rid of my study table and split my room into 2 areas. one for sleeping and the other a reading area with a nice couch or loveseat. hope that's possible. afterall i can't live in the same room layout for 12 years!

while i save for that room makeover, i just have to dream that one day, i'll wrap my homewalls with Gracie Handpainted wallpapers! i'm smitten with their largely chinois inspired prints. so, when that day happens ahem i'll have something in common with Al Fayed, Vera Wang and the Lauders...haha! (in my muse image aerin lauder uses gracie's to line her closet...probably bigger than any of our rooms).

2 comments:

  1. you just gave me an idea or what to do. thanks. haha i dont feel like giving up my study table thoug so sadddddddddddddddddddd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to get rid of mine but sayang also!

    ReplyDelete